Today was not supposed to be shit.
I was supposed to go spend time with my grandparents and small cousins but my stomach kept me up all night and now I have to force myself to eat for the doctors. The anti-nausea medication they gave me only sort of works.
Fun Fact: In Germany you need a coin in order to operate shopping carts.
I think that’s a Europe thing because we also have that here in the Netherlands
Switzerland isn’t part of Europe but we got that too!
Sweden as well.
wait you mean there are places where you can use them for free?
hoyl shit omg theyre free to use in the usa .. .
yeah you need a coin or coin-shaped tag to use them in Ireland
that was brought in a few years ago
I’m guessing it cuts down on ppl taking them for drunken trolley racing
Wait, go back to the part about Switzerland not being part of Europe…
Switzerland is perfectly neutral
it hovers above Europe and does not involve itself in our messy affairs
and sometimes it vanishes into the fog like Brigadoon
Yes, I figured they meant they weren’t part of the EU, but I like this answer best.
My mother is so fucking nosy. I am 25 years old, if I tell her I don’t want to talk about why I have to go back into the clinic she has no right to keep asking about it.
This shit is why I’m so stressed out all the time. The people at the clinic are telling me I need to lower my stress to have a chance at getting better but how am I supposed to do that when I live with her.
I had one bite of rice cereal and almost threw up.
I hate this I’m so fucking hungry. I had to fast most of yesterday too.
I wrote an article attempting to identify some of the unearned benefits and privileges my fellow male gamers and I are afforded simply by virtue of being male. Please check out the full article in context over on Polygon.
- I can choose to remain completely oblivious, or indifferent to the harassment that many women face in gaming spaces.
- I am never told that video games or the surrounding culture is not intended for me because I am male.
- I can publicly post my username, gamertag or contact information online without having to fear being stalked or sexually harassed because of my gender.
- I will never be asked to “prove my gaming cred” simply because of my gender.
- If I enthusiastically express my fondness for video games no one will automatically assume I’m faking my interest just to “get attention” from other gamers.
- I can look at practically any gaming review site, show, blog or magazine and see the voices of people of my own gender widely represented.
- When I go to a gaming event or convention, I can be relatively certain that I won’t be harassed, groped, propositioned or catcalled by total strangers.
- I will never be asked or expected to speak for all other gamers who share my gender.
- I can be sure that my gaming performance (good or bad) won’t be attributed to or reflect on my gender as a whole.
- My gaming ability, attitude, feelings or capability will never be called into question based on unrelated natural biological functions.
- I can be relatively sure my thoughts about video games won’t be dismissed or attacked based solely on my tone of voice, even if I speak in an aggressive, obnoxious, crude or flippant manner.
- I can openly say that my favorite games are casual, odd, non-violent, artistic, or cute without fear that my opinions will reinforce a stereotype that “men are not real gamers.”
- When purchasing most major video games in a store, chances are I will not be asked if (or assumed to be) buying it for a wife, daughter or girlfriend.
- The vast majority of game studios, past and present, have been led and populated primarily by people of my own gender and as such most of their products have been specifically designed to cater to my demographic.
- I can walk into any gaming store and see images of my gender widely represented as powerful heroes, villains and non-playable characters alike.
- I will almost always have the option to play a character of my gender, as most protagonists or heroes will be male by default.
- I do not have to carefully navigate my engagement with online communities or gaming spaces in order to avoid or mitigate the possibility of being harassed because of my gender.
- I probably never think about hiding my real-life gender online through my gamer-name, my avatar choice, or by muting voice-chat, out of fear of harassment resulting from my being male.
- When I enter an online game, I can be relatively sure I won’t be attacked or harassed when and if my real-life gender is made public
- If I am trash-talked or verbally berated while playing online, it will not be because I am male nor will my gender be invoked as an insult.
- While playing online with people I don’t know I won’t be interrogated about the size and shape of my real-life body parts, nor will I be pressured to share intimate details about my sex life for the pleasure of other players.
- Complete strangers generally do not send me unsolicited images of their genitalia or demand to see me naked on the basis of being a male gamer.
- In multiplayer games I can be pretty sure that conversations between other players will not focus on speculation about my “attractiveness” or “sexual availability” in real-life.
- If I choose to point out sexism in gaming, my observations will not be seen as self-serving, and will therefore be perceived as more credible and worthy of respect than those of my female counterparts, even if they are saying the exact same thing.
- Because it was created by a straight white male, this checklist will likely be taken more seriously than if it had been written by virtually any female gamer.
I feel hungry when I lay down and sick when I sit up. This is new.
Woke up to the most annoying/heartwarming thing. A goose was honking really really loudly outside of my window and woke me up, and then I realized that is gotten lost and it was trying to call to the rest of its flock.
One of his friends, after like 20 minutes of honking, finally landed on the roof of one of the houses and they started calling to each other and when the lost goose realized that it had found his family it like totally freaked out and flew back with them honking the entire time cause it was so happy, I guess.
It was funny because it started making different noises when it saw that it had found one of the other geese from his flock, like it switched from frantic yelling to talking or something. Anyways, I am just glad that it found its way back to its family.
even geese can be heartwarming once in a while!
Shadow the Hedgehog: Sonic 64, Nintendo 64: Cancelled
Other Smash Bros posts: Mario, Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Samus, Ice Climbers,Greninja, Maroizard, Mega Man, Sonic
I’d really like a Shadow color swap for Sonic in the new Smash Bros, honestly, all of Sonic’s Brawl colors were too similar to one another. Will probably do Tails next, sometime next week.
Accepting commissions: starting at $15! More info here
Software used: Autodesk Maya 2009, Photoshop CS4, After Effects CS4
Made while watching: Warehouse 13
i want to take a moment to talk about the movie ‘khumba' because i just noticed its been added to netflix
EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHECK OUT THIS MOVIE!! i watched it a few months ago and i loved it, here’s the synopsis
Rejected by his superstitious herd, a half-striped zebra embarks on a daring quest to earn his stripes but finds the courage and self-acceptance to save all the animals of the Great Karoo
some cool stuff about this movie
- the studio behind this movie is triggerfish animation, based in cape town south africa. it’s a pretty new studio, they did that movie ‘adventures in zambezia’ in 2012 (the one with the birds) i think it’s awesome to see a movie made in the same place it’s set
- it’s BEAUTIFULLY animated and the art direction is pretty good too especially considering it wasn’t made by any big name studios. the character designs are more interesting and varied than a lot of cgi animated stuff disney has put out i’ll say that
- the movie was inspired by and dedicated to the quagga project, which was an effort to save the quagga (which looks kinda like a half striped zebra) from extinction
the cast is really impressive for a 20 million budget movie too btw
CHECK KHUMBA OUT ON NETFLIX!!! REALLY WORTH A WATCH
OMG LOOK AT THE SECOND PICTURE
HE’S STANDING IN THE SHADOWS SO IT LOOKS LIKE HE HAS STRIPES ON HIS BUTT
THAT’S REALLY ADORABLE AND KIND OF SAD HHH
And is that a fucking African Wild Dog in the first? Omg they’re like the coolest canine ever I’m gonna watch this it looks hella cute
as someone who works in animation I am both confused and mortified that I haven’t heard of this before now